Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Open source solution for measuring weight and temperature
- Able to read multiple types of load cells
- Can remain in place for months without needing user interaction
- Features an ATmega328P microcontroller
The SparkFun OpenScale is a simple-to-use, open source solution for measuring weight and temperature. It has the ability to read multiple types of load cells and offers a simple-to-use serial menu to configure calibration value, sample rate, time stamp and units of precision.Simply attach a four-wire or five-wire load cell of any capacity, plug the OpenScale into a USB port, open a terminal window at 9,600bps, and you’ll immediately see mass readings. The SparkFun OpenScale will enable you to turn a load cell or four load sensors in a Wheatstone bridge configuration into the DIY weigh scale for your application.
The OpenScale was designed for projects and applications where the load was static (like the beehive in front of SparkFun HQ) or where constant readings are needed without user intervention. A load cell with an equipped OpenScale can remain in place for months without needing user interaction!
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- Operating Amperage: 80-100mA
- Power Cycling above 500ms
- Selectable 10SPS or 80SPS Output Data Rate
- Local & External Temperature Sensors
- Fixed & Adjustable Gain