Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- SparkFun Buck Regulator Breakout - 3.3V (AP3429A)
- Features a 2A step-down DC converter
- Provides a regulated 3.3V output from a 3.9V to 5.5V input
- Includes a copper pad for efficient heat management
- Offers multiple power input/output options for flexibility
The SparkFun Buck Regulator Breakout - 3.3V (AP3429A) is a sophisticated device that features the AP3429A from Diodes Inc. This device is a 2 A step-down DC converter with an input voltage range of 2.7 V to 5.5 V.
The full-size version of the buck regulator boards, measuring 1 inch by 1 inch, is designed to provide a regulated 3.3 V output. This output is derived from an input voltage range of 3.9 V to 5.5 V and is controlled by an EN (enable) pin.
To manage excess heat, the device is equipped with a 0.6-inch by 0.5-inch copper pad. This pad is designed to facilitate the attachment of a heat sink to the bottom of the board.
As a full-size buck regulator breakout, this device offers additional options for connecting input and output power. It includes a pre-assembled screw terminal for a non-permanent connection, the option to solder on a barrel jack for an external power supply, and five PTH pins to create a more permanent installation.
The device also includes a red power indication LED that illuminates when the power output is enabled. The board is designed with four mounting holes compatible with 4-40 hardware.
- 1x SparkFun Buck Regulator Breakout - 3.3V (AP3429A)
- 1 x 1 inch (L x W)
- Three power input/output options:
- Pre-assembled 4-pin screw terminal
- Five 0.1 inch spaced PTH pins
- Four plated slots for a DC barrel jack (input only)
- Power connections:
- VIN - Power In (3.9 V to 5.5 V)
- GND - Common Ground
- VOUT - Power Out (Regulated 3.3 V)
- EN - Enable (Pull high to enable the power output)
- Red, power LED indicator
- 0.5 x 0.6 inch Plated copper pad (for heat sinks)
- VIN: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- VOUT: 0.6 V to VIN
- 2 A Continuous Output Current
- 90µA No-Load Quiescent Current
- 1 MHz Switching Frequency
- Protection Circuitry
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Input Overvoltage Protection
- Over Current Protection
- Cycle-by-Cycle Peak Current Limit
- Thermal Shutdown (160 °C / 320 °F)