- Pololu Distance Sensor w/ Pulse Width Output, 50cm Max
- Offers eye-safe laser light to reach the nearest object
- Uses a short-range lidar module
- Measure the distance of objects up to about 50 cm
- Works over an input voltage range of 3 to 5.5 V
- RoHS 3 compliant
The Pololu Distance Sensor w/ Pulse Width Output, 50cm Max measures the distance of objects up to about 50 cm (20-inch) away using a simple digital pulse width interface.
It uses a short-range lidar module to precisely measure how long it takes for emitted pulses of infrared, eye-safe laser light to reach the nearest object and be reflected back, allowing for 3 mm resolution.
As long as the sensor is enabled, it takes continuous distance measurements and encodes the ranges as the widths of high pulses, which can then be timed by a microcontroller using a single digital input.
Note: The maximum range of 50 cm is only achievable for high-reflectance objects in good ambient conditions. Lower-reflectivity targets or poor ambient conditions will reduce the maximum range.