- Pololu 6VDC, 120 RPM 65 oz-in Gearmotor w/ Encoder
- Features a metal gearmotor consisting of a low-power
- Provides 2248.86 CPR
- Offers a D-shaped output shaft with a diameter of 4 mm
- Has an integrated 48 CPR quadrature encoder
- Uses two-channel Hall effect encoder
The Pololu 6VDC, 120 RPM 65 oz-in Gearmotor w/ Encoder consists of a low-power, 6 V brushed DC motor combined with a 46.85:1 metal spur gearbox, and it has an integrated 48 CPR quadrature encoder on the motor shaft, which provides 2248.86 counts per revolution of the gearbox’s output shaft.
The gearmotor is cylindrical, with a diameter just under 25 mm, and the D-shaped output shaft is 4 mm in diameter and extends 12.5 mm from the face plate of the gearbox.
In general, these kinds of motors can run at voltages above and below their nominal voltages (they can begin rotating at voltages as low as 1 V); lower voltages might not be practical, and higher voltages could start negatively affecting the life of the motor.
These gearmotors are functionally identical to the previous versions that have been carried without end caps (they use the same motor, encoder, and gearboxes).
A two-channel Hall effect encoder is used to sense the rotation of a magnetic disk on a rear protrusion of the motor shaft. The quadrature encoder provides a resolution of 48 counts per revolution of the motor shaft when counting both edges of both channels.
To compute the counts per revolution of the gearbox output, multiply the gear ratio by 48. The motor/encoder has six color-coded.
- 1 x Pololu 6VDC, 120 RPM 65 oz-in Gearmotor w/ Encoder
- Gear ratio: 46.85:1
- No-load speed at 6 V: 120 rpm
- No-load current at 6 V: 250 mA
- Stall current at 6 V: 2400 mA
- Stall torque at 6 V: 65 oz·in
- Motor type: 2.4 A stall at 6 V (LP 6 V)
- Lead length: 8 in
- Encoders: Yes
Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.