Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Native out-of-the-box ROS and ROS2 communication
- Versatile IO offerings: SPI, I2C, UART, CAN, USB, PWM, ADC
- Tiny Footprint at 32mm x 32mm, 5 grams light
- Debian-based real-time Linux included
- Compatible Tensor Processing Unit (TPU) the "AI Accelerator" available
olive™ Edge-ROS™ SOM is a robotics optimized System on Module (SOM) that weighs only 5 grams, is capable of running both ROS and ROS 2 simultaneously and is the key to building high-performance, industry-leading software-defined robot hardware components. Its real-time compute capabilities paired with out-of-the-box ROS support, built-in networking solutions and versatile IO offerings enable you to ROSify any sensor or actuator with ease. Furthermore, it features an IMU sensor designed for use in robotics and other applications that require precise attitude and heading
information as well as sensing capabilities for air pressure, temperature, humidity, and gas detection measurements.
32 x 32 x 6mm
• ARMv7-based mobile processing unit for data processing and communication
• SD Flash Memory with up to 512GB storage preconfigured with industry-grade custom OS based on Linux Debian 11 for data processing, communication, and modular programming.
• Preconfigured onboard embedded processing for ROS Noetic and ROS2 Humble Hawksbill message handling
• USB-Type C connector offering native virtual ethernet over USB-C connection interface and network host capabilities via RNDIS
• Embedded virtual Ethernet communication protocol. The format of the actual networking data encapsulated in each packet is based on IEEE802.3-2008.
• Integrated web graphical user interface for sensor parameter settings, calibration, and data logging.
• Integrated firmware and software updates over the air (OTA) using the web-based user
• Embedded Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for programming on the sensor using
Python and/or C/C++.
• Integrated time synchronization using the Network Time Protocol (NTP)
• 3-axis gyroscope: The IMU module features a 3-axis gyroscope that provides accurate and reliable angular rate data in all three dimensions (x, y, z). This allows you to measure the orientation of the IMU module with respect to a fixed reference frame, and to track the changes in orientation over time.
• 3-axis accelerometer: The IMU module also features a 3-axis accelerometer that provides accurate and reliable acceleration data in all three dimensions (x, y, z). This allows you to measure the linear acceleration of the IMU module with respect to a fixed reference frame, and to track the changes in linear acceleration over time.
• 3-axis magnetometer: The IMU module furthermore features a 3-axis magnetometer that provides accurate and reliable magnetic field data in all three dimensions (x, y, z). This allows you to measure the magnetic field of the IMU module with respect to a fixed reference frame, and to track the changes in magnetic field over time.
• 4-measurements environmental sensor: The device further features a gas sensor measuring relative humidity, barometric pressure, and ambient temperature.
• Integrated ESC protection.
• CE certification under IEC 62368-1:2018
Weight: 5 grams
Operational Voltage: 5V
Max. Current: 300mA
Power Consumption Typical: <1W
Temperature Range: 0° ... 55°C
Hardware Connectors; 1x USB Type-C, 1x 36-Pin Main GPIO, 1x 6-Pin Easy GPIO
Application Processor: Dual Cortex-A7 up to 800MHz
Real-Time Processor: Cortex-M4 MPU up to 200MHz
Memory On Chip (SoC): 512 MB RAM
EEPROM Memory: 512 Bytes x 8
On SOM Flash Memory Default: 64 GB SD (Max Expansion: 512 GB)
Connectivity: 1x Virtual Ethernet over USB-C (up to 0.5 Gbps), I2C, SPI, UART, CAN Bus, PWM, ADC, USB
Linux Kernel: Linux 5.10.8 RT24
Base OS: Debian 11 Bullseye
Communication Middleware: Apache Cyclone DDS
Communication Interfaces: RNDIS, ROS, ROS2, ssh, https
Default IP Address: 10.42.0.7
Web GUI address: https://10.42.0.7
Default User: olive
Default Password: one
ROS 1 Version: Noetic Ninjemys
ROS 2 Version: Humble Hawksbill
Gyroscope Range: +/- 2000 deg/sec
Gyroscope Accuracy: +/- 0.05 deg/sec
Accelerometer Range: +/- 16 g
Accelerometer Accuracy: +/- 0.1 g
Magnetometer Range: +/- 4 gauss
Magnetometer Accuracy: +/- 0.2 gauss
ROS Messages: sensor_msgs/Imu
Sample Rate (IMU): 1000 Hz
Pressure Sensing Range: 300 ... 1100 hPa
Humidity Sensing Range: 0 ... 100%
Temperature Sensing Range: -40 ... 85°C
ROS Messages (environmental sensing): sensor_msgs/Temperature, sensor_msgs/RelativeHumidity, sensor_msgs/FluidPressure
Sample Rate: 1000 Hz