Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Included in this bundle
- 6 X RB-Hit-27 - Hitec HS-422 Servo Motor
- 1 X RB-Lyn-468 - Sharp IR Range Sensor - 10cm to 80cm W/ Cable
- 1 X RB-Dfr-380 - USB A to Mini USB Cable
- 1 X RB-Lyn-363 - Lynxmotion BotBoarduino Shield-Compatible Robot Controller
- 1 X RB-Lyn-630 - Lynxmotion Biped BRAT Kit (No Servos or Electronics) BRAT-BLK
- Combo Kit for Autonomous Behavior
- 6 servo bipedal walker
- Can be modified with the Servo Erector Set
- kit includes black anodized brackets
The Lynxmotion Biped BRAT (BotBoarduino) BRATCBU is a 6 servo biped walker featuring three degrees of freedom (DOF) per leg. The robot can walk forward or backwards and turn in place left or right with variable speed. It can even do lots of RoboOne style acrobatic moves. Combo kits includes everything need to make an operational robot, however the chassis and servos are available separately for those who want to use their own electronics.
The robot is made exclusively from brushed, or black anodized aluminum servo brackets from Servo Erector Set. It also includes an electronics carrier made from ultratough lasercut Lexan.
Manufacturer is providing the walker with Hitec HS422 servos. Due to the robot's light weight, these servos work well.
As with any walking robot, weight is a major concern. The best approach is to keep the weight to an absolute minimum. Manufacturer recommend using the 6.0 Volt NiMH 1600mAh Battery Pack and the Universal Smart Charger.
- For the Autonomous Walking tutorial:
Buffered ±2g Accelerometer
- For the Autonomous WaterBottle Kicking tutorial:
BRAT Sensor Panning Kit (Black)
- 6.0 Volt NiMH 1600mAh Battery Pack
- Biped BRAT (No Electronics)
- USB Standard to Mini Cable
- Sharp GP2D12 IR Sensor
The following video shows the construction of the BRAT Biped in relation to the SES V1.1 Kit (Bluetooth module and XBee to serial adapter sold separately).
Only complete BRAT kits include either the SSC-32 servo controller or the BotBoarduino.