Included in this bundle
- 6 X RB-Hit-29 - Hitec HS-645MG Servo Motor
- 1 X RB-Dfr-380 - USB A to Mini USB Cable
- 1 X RB-Lyn-363 - Lynxmotion BotBoarduino Shield-Compatible Robot Controller
- 1 X RB-Lyn-630 - Lynxmotion Biped BRAT Kit (No Servos or Electronics) BRAT-BLK
- 6 X RB-Hit-131 - Hitec Nylon Servo Horn White
- Biped BRAT (BotBoarduino - 645) BRATCCU - 645
- Combo Kit for PS2 controller
- 6 servo bipedal walker
- Can be modified with the Servo Erector Set
The Lynxmotion Biped BRAT (BotBoarduino - 645) BRATCCU-645 is a 6 servo biped walker featuring three degrees of freedom (DOF) per leg. The robot can walk forward or backwards and turn in place left or right with variable speed. It can even do lots of Robo-One style acrobatic moves. This combo kits include everything needed to make an operational robot, however the chassis and servos are available separately for those who want to use their own electronics.
The robot is made exclusively from brushed, or black anodized aluminum servo brackets from Servo Erector Set. It also includes an electronics carrier made from ultra-tough laser-cut Lexan.
Manufacturer is providing the walker with Hitec HS-422 servos. Due to the robot's light weight, these servos work well.
As with any walking robot, weight is a major concern. The best approach is to keep the weight to an absolute minimum. Manufacturer recommend using the 6.0 Volt Ni-MH 1600mAh Battery Pack and the Universal Smart Charger.
Controlling the Biped
The robot is available in two basic configurations, Animatronic (tethered connection to a PC) or Autonomous (controlled by the onboard Basic Atom Pro processor). The autonomous version includes the Bot Board II and the Basic Atom Pro processor.
- Biped BRAT (No Electronics)
- Hitec HS-645MG Servo Motor
- USB Standard to Mini Cable
The following video shows the construction of the BRAT Biped in relation to the SES V1.1 Kit (Bluetooth module and XBee to serial adapter sold separately).
Only complete BRAT kits include either the SSC-32 servo controller or the BotBoarduino.
Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.