Included in this bundle
- 6 X RB-Hit-29 - Hitec HS-645MG Servo Motor
- 1 X RB-Lyn-468 - Sharp IR Range Sensor - 10cm to 80cm W/ Cable
- 1 X RB-Dfr-380 - USB A to Mini USB Cable
- 1 X RB-Lyn-363 - Lynxmotion BotBoarduino Shield-Compatible Robot Controller
- 1 X RB-Lyn-630 - Lynxmotion Biped BRAT Kit (No Servos or Electronics) BRAT-BLK
- 6 X RB-Hit-131 - Hitec Nylon Servo Horn White
- Combo Kit for Autonomous Behavior
- Biped BRAT (BotBoarduino - 645) BRATCBU-645
- Can even do lots of Robo-One styles acrobatic moves
- Include everything needed to make an operational robot
The Lynxmotion Biped BRAT (BotBoarduino - 685) BRATCBU-685 is a 6 servo biped walker featuring three degrees of freedom (DOF) per leg. The robot can walk forward or backward and turn in place left or right with variable speed. It can even do lots of Robo-One styles acrobatic moves. These combo kits include everything need to make an operational robot, however, the chassis and servos are available separately for those who want to use their own electronics.
The robot is made exclusively from brushed, or black anodized aluminum servo brackets from Servo Erector Set. It also includes an electronics carrier made from ultra-tough laser-cut Lexan.
The manufacturer is providing the walker with Hitec HS-422 servos. Due to the robot's lightweight, these servos work well.
As with any walking robot, weight is a major concern. The best approach is to keep the weight to an absolute minimum. Manufacturers recommend using the 6.0 Volt Ni-MH 1600mAh Battery Pack (BAT-03) and the Universal Smart Charger.
Controlling the Biped
The robot is available in two basic configurations, Animatronic (tethered connection to a PC) or Autonomous (controlled by the onboard Basic Atom Pro processor).
- For the Autonomous Walking tutorial:
Lynxmotion Buffered ±2g Accelerometer
- For the Autonomous Water-Bottle Kicking tutorial:
BRAT Sensor Panning Kit (Black)
- 6.0 Volt Ni-MH 1600mAh Battery Pack
- Biped BRAT (no electronics)
- USB Standard to Mini Cable
- Sharp GP2D12 IR Sensor
The following video shows the construction of the BRAT Biped in relation to the SES V1.1 Kit (Bluetooth module and XBee to serial adapter sold separately).
Only complete BRAT kits include either the SSC-32 servo controller or the BotBoarduino.
Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.