Included in this bundle
- 1 X RB-Lyn-739 - Lynxmotion A-Pod Hexapod Robot Kit (Hardware Only)
- 25 X RB-Hit-29 - Hitec HS-645MG Servo Motor
- Basic A-Pod hexapod robot kit with frame, hardware and servos
- Angled legs for additional range of movement with 3 DOF (degree of freedom)
- Made with PVC and high-quality aluminum servo erector set brackets
- Includes durable aluminum and plastic parts
- Advanced development kit
The Lynxmotion A-Pod Hexapod Robot Kit (No Electronics) is insect inspired. The angled legs provides additional range of movement. The three DOF (degree of freedom) leg design means the robot can walk in any direction. The robot has been designed to use 18 HS-645 servos for the legs and an additional 7 servos for the head and tail. It's truly amazing to see in action.
Controlling the Robot
By offloading the servo pulse generation and sequence movement timing to the SSC-32 (highly recommended for multi-legged robots), the microcontroller will have plenty of power to do some really cool things. The Phoenix program is compatible with the BotBoarduino and allows the robot to walk with variable speed, in any direction (translation), or turn in place (rotation), or any combination of the two. The leg lift and ride height is adjustable as well as the gait walking speed. You can rotate the body in every axis. There are preset walking modes and gaits to choose from. All of these are accessible from the controller. The Phoenix code also supports a serial control mode for controlling the robot via a serial connection.
The robot is made from precision-cut PVC and ultra-tough high-quality aluminum Servo Erector Set brackets.
Note that this is NOT a toy but rather an advanced legged development platform. Mechanical assembly instructions are provided. but the user must select electronics and program the robot. The Phoenix code (compatible with Lynxmotion's BotBoarduino microcontroller + SSC-32 servo controller + PS2 remote control) can be adapted for use with this robot at the discretion of the user.
- A-Pod body kit
- A-Pod mandibles kit
- A-Pod tail kit
- 3x A-Pod leg pair
- 6x SEA-01 Servo Extender Cable - 6"
- 1x SEA-03 Servo Extender Cable - 24"
- 25x Hitec HS-645MG Servo Motor (133 oz. in.) Standard Servos
Requires (sold separately)
- BotBoarduino or other microcontroller
- SSC-32 Servo Controller
- USB data transfer cable
- Size (overall): 24.25''(L) x 17.00''(W) x up to 8.50''(H)
- Size (body): 9.375''(L) x 6.625''(W) x 2.50''(H)
- Weight (w/out batteries): 6lb 4oz.
- Servo motion control: Local closed loop
- Steering: Differential
- Number of legs: 6
- Degrees of freedom per leg: 3
- Motion speed: 10''/S
- Ground clearance: Up to 7.50''
Powering options compatibility
- Chargers: NiCad & Ni-MH Universal Smart Charger
- Batteries: 6.0 Volt Ni-MH 1600mAh/2800mAh Battery Pack
Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.