Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Kitronik Lesson in a Box Simple Robotics for micro:bit
- Offers a complete set of electronics and teaching resources
- Includes everything else you need to get started with lessons promptly
- Packaged in a sturdy reusable Grantnells tray
- Fun to teach and fun to learn
- No soldering required
The Kitronik Lesson in a Box Simple Robotics for micro:bit is a complete set of electronics and teaching resources to enable successful cross-curricular lessons with minimal teacher effort. The box covers 3 of the progress 8 curricular for the National Curriculum (Design & Technology, Computing, and Physics).
In developing this box we wanted it to be affordable, useful, and robust enough for teachers to use again and again. The resources cover not only the KS3/KS4 specifications but also personal development by encouraging pupils to view traditional STEM activities as having value across their curriculum.
All of the teaching resources are set out in a teacher, ‘ user-friendly' way, including technicians notes, lesson plans, and workbooks or worksheets. These are supplied as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint formats as well as PDF’s, which can be copied, modified and printed to suit your own teaching style.
There is also a quick start guide to the Lesson in a Box kit that gives an overview of the whole box including a summary of your new lessons, how to set up your kit, how to use the micro bit, code examples, and more.
The robots utilize the BBC micro:bit and our Klip Motor Driver board designed specifically for this type of activity! It requires no soldering and is all connected by crocodile clips.
The advantages of the micro:bit are that, while being easy to use, it is feature-packed and it can be coded with languages that suit every ability level.
Includes lessons for Design & Technology, Computing & Physics, plus 2 enrichment challenges.
Just Add micro:bits
The box includes everything else you need to get started with lessons promptly.
Designed by Teachers
Kitronik worked alongside award-winning teachers to ensure the lessons are both relevant & engaging.
Each lesson has suggested specification links to national curriculums.
Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans, Slideshows, Project Books. Worksheets, Build Posters & more.
All of the lessons are provided on a USB drive in editable formats for you to print, photocopy & modify.
Tried & Tested
Tested in real classrooms by real pupils to ensure the lessons are suitable for all.
Packaged Into a reusable Gratnells Tray for a quick & tidy classroom.
- 1 x Kitronik Klip Motor Driver Board for BBC micro:bit
- 2 x Kitronik clippable TT motor boards (with cable tie and screws)
- 2 x Right Angle Geared Hobby TT motors
- 2 x 5 Spoke Injection Moulded Wheels for TT Motors
- 1 x Set of 10 clip leads
- 1 x Ping pong ball for Robot Castor
- 1 x Simple chassis template
- 1 x USB Drive containing all resources and the robot chassis template
- Grades: 6-8/9-10