- BlueRobotics Fathom ROV Tether (200m)
- Comes with pre-installed Binder 770 connector and WetLink cable penetrator
- Designed specifically for ROVs
- Diameter: 7.6 mm
- Embedded with water-blocking fibers
- Combined with rugged strength and durability
The BlueRobotics Fathom ROV Tether (200m) is a high-quality tether cable designed specifically for ROVs and other subsea applications. The new R3 version of the tether has a comes with pre-installed Binder 770 connector and WetLink cable penetrator.
The Fathom Tether is a high quality tether cable designed specifically for ROVs and other subsea applications. It is neutrally buoyant, has 350 lb breaking strength, and is embedded with water-blocking fibers to seal any leaks. The tether has a diameter of 7.6mm and is slimmer than the vast majority of comparable ROV tethers.
The tether carries four unshielded twisted pairs (UTP) of 26AWG wire. These pairs are colored and arranged in the same fashion as a Cat5 networking cable including cross-talk resistance. A pre-installed Binder 770 plug makes it easy to connect to the FXTI and Fathom Spool. A WetLink penetrator is installed at the other end to interface with the BlueROV2 or any of our watertight enclosures.
The core of the cable contains Kevlar strands for strength and Dacron fibers for space filling. Both fibers are impregnated with waterblocking compound to block any leaks caused by nicks or rips in the cable. The high-visibility yellow polyurethane foam jacket resists abrasion and provides neutral buoyancy.
The stiffness of the cable is designed to be flexible enough to give plenty of freedom to your ROV, but stiff enough that it does not become tangled easily. Due to the polyurethane jacket in the new version, the tether is more flexible than the original version.
The capabilities of this tether are meant to provide design flexibility and a wide variety of uses. Pololu carries the 3 position 0.1 inch (2.54 mm) Crimp Connector Housings and male crimp pins that may be used for connecting your own devices to the spare tether terminations.
- 1x Fathom ROV Tether with Installed Binder 770 Plug and WetLink Penetrator
- 1x Header Pin to Ferrule Adapter to Connect to Fathom-X
- 1x Tether Cable Thimble
- 1x M10 Nut
- 1x O-ring for Bulkhead
- 5x Heavy Duty Zip Ties
- Tether Diameter: 7.6 mm / 0.30 inch
- Minimum Working Bend Diameter: 75 mm / 3 inch
- Maximum Rated Depth (seawater): 950 m / 3116 ft
- Design Lifetime: 3 years or 500 cycles to rated depth
- Temperature Rating (air): -25 to 60 °C / -13 to 140 °F
- Temperature Rating (water): 0 to 40 °C / 32 to 104 °F
Installed Penetrators and Connectors
- Topside: Binder 770 Plug
- ROV Side: WLP-M10-7.5MM-HC
- Twisted Pairs: 0.1 inch Header Pins, 3 Position
- Compatible Bulkhead Wrench: WL-M10-BULKHEAD-WRENCH
- Recommended Installation Torque: 3.5 Nm
- Tether Diameter: 7.6 mm
- Weight: 0.043 kg/m
- Outer Jacket: Polyurethane Foam
- Buoyancy in Freshwater: Neutral
- Buoyancy in Saltwater: Slightly Positive
- Wire Gauge: 0.14 mm2 26 AWG
- Working Strength: 35 kgf 80 lb
- Breaking Strength: 155 kgf 350 lb
- Minimum Working Bend Diameter: 75 mm / 3 in
- Recommended WLP Thru Hole Diameter: 10.2 mm
- Bulkhead Thread: M10 x 1.5
- Bulkhead Thread Length: 20 mm
- Bulkhead/Nut Wrench Flats: 16 mm
- Overall Assembled Height From Endcap: 25 mm
- Overall Outer Diameter: 18 mm
- Bulkhead O-ring Size: AS568-013 Buna-N 70A
- Bulkhead/ Plug Material: 7075-T6 Anodized Aluminum
- Wetted Materials: Buna-N Rubber, Molykote 111 Compound, 7075-T6 Anodized Aluminum, PUR Foam
- DC Resistance @ 20°C: 0.0386 Ω/ft / 0.127 Ω/m
- Insulation Resistance @ 500 VDC: >500 MΩ/kft / >1640 MΩ/km
- Voltage Rating: 300 VDC
Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.