- SparkFun Surface Transducer Kit
- Offers 1 GB (Class 4) microSD Card
- Comes with a reversible USB A to C cable
- Provides 5 V / 1 A USB wall charger
- No need for drivers and no need for WAV
- Allowing an external speaker to be connected without soldering
The SparkFun Surface Transducer Kit is essentially just a speaker except instead of a cone, the coil is attached to a pad that conducts the vibration into whatever you press it against. Hook it up to the included MP3 player and press it against the nearest table, wall, or cardboard box. You can even put it against your head and play music directly into your skull (the ultimate surround sound).
With the included SparkFun Qwiic MP3 Trigger all you need to do is send a simple I2C command and listen to whatever is on your microSD card. When a USB-C cable is connected to the Qwiic MP3 Trigger the contents of the microSD card appear as a jump drive.
Simply plug in the Qwiic MP3 Trigger and you'll be transferring MP3s, no need for drivers, and no need for WAV or Vorbis conversion. Sound output is provided via a 3.5 mm headphone jack or poke-home connector allowing an external speaker to be connected without soldering.